How to cook Soya Bean in a Pressure Cooker(Pressure cookers are amazing for cooking dried beans!)?
- Soak soya bean overnight(8~12 hours is the best). To soak soya beans, place them in a large bowl or pot and cover them with plenty of water.
- Discard water and give it a quick rinse. Place soya beans in the pressure cooker and cook soya beans in a 1:4 ratio with water. That is for every one cup of soya beans, you want about four cups of water.
- Cook them for 10 to 15 minutes. For one cup of dried soya beans, you’ll end up with a little more than two cups, cooked.
Tips: Your pressure cooker’s manufacturer instructions will probably caution you not to fill the water above a certain line, usually about halfway full, to avoid clogging the vent pipe. Some manufacturers also suggest adding about a tablespoon of oil to the water while cooking. This helps to reduce the natural foam that develops when beans cook as the foam can easily clog the vent pipe.
After pressure cooking, turn off the heat and allow the pressure cooker to slowly release the pressure. This can take anywhere from 20 minutes to up to an hour, depending on your machine.
How to cook Soya Bean in a Slow Cooker?
- Follow Steps 1 & 2 above.
- Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours.