White fungus may keep our skin young because its collagen content is comparable to bird’s nest.
Use in stir fry dish, especially vegetarian style.
Steps to prepare:
- Soak in water for half to one hour and make sure the water is enough to cover them.
- The size will double in 10 to 15 minutes and turn from yellowish-white to semi-transparent.
- Trim the bottom part which is still firm after soaking. (You may use it as a scrub!)
- Tear the fungus into small pieces resembling petals.
- Wash thoroughly, drain dry and it is ready to be cooked in soups or stir fries.