Does it mean that we send nothing to the landfill? Recycling as little as possible? Reuse as many times as possible? Reduce carbon footprint?
It is not about being a perfectionist; it is about making a better choice.
Rethinking about the waste produced on a daily basis, then refining our choices and aspiring to do better consequently.
How Does A Zero Waste Lifestyle Looks Like?
- Refusing anything unnecessary. Before we purchase anything, do we really need this? Also, don’t take it home because it is free for you.
- Thinking about the end of life of a product before taking it back home. Is the product reusable, can be composted, recyclable?
- Choose Reusable over single-use items. This can help in reducing landfills and minimize the recycling process.
- Choose products that are well-made and built-to-last, and that can be repaired, thus minimizing landfill.
- Favour second-hand over new, valuing resources. Look for second-hand items event near you or create one!
- Embrace creativity: Problem-solving by thinking and discovering new and better ways of doing things.
- Ask questions! Ask for no straws, ask if you can bring your own containers for takeaway and many more that you can try.